|Release Date||Januari 8th, 2015|
|Platform||Nintendo Wii U|
|Download||Wii U Shop, Controller|
Underground is a challenging and seriously fun puzzle game by Grendel Games. Created especially for the Nintendo Wii U, the award winning game features a heartwarming storyline about a little girl named Sari and Sw4nk, her butler robot friend. When Sw4nk does an unsatisfying job, Sari’s father sends him away to work in the mines. Sari goes against her father’s will and tries to break him out. While traveling through the underground caverns, Sari and the robots get themselves into a world of trouble and it’s up to you to help them out of their predicament. During their quest for safety you will be presented with challenging situations in four unique worlds; each with their own threats and opportunities. Discover all the different building blocks and build your way up to the surface in this charming game about friendship, robots and a little girl who loves to dance.
The game finds its origin in the medical world where Underground is currently being used to help surgeons train their laparoscopic surgery motor skills. What’s truly unique about this game is that it’s designed to be an entertainment product as well as an innovative training tool. Underground manages this by offering a fun experience to all of its players through a series of exciting challenges and a mesmerizing storyline.
The medical version of the game comes with a set of controllers designed to mimic the laparoscopic equipment and surgery motion to a very high degree of accuracy. However being an entertainment game at heart, Underground invites specialists to play the game by offering an immersive experience in a fantasy world.
- Unique and challenging gameplay mechanism using 2 robotic arms
- Freedom to explore and build your own way out of the mine
- Four unique worlds to travel through, including boss fights
- Additional difficulty level (for players who love a challenge)
- Incredible soundtrack performed by a full orchestra
- A specially designed controller for medical trainings
The official Underground trailer on YouTube
- “Best Applied Game Design” – Dutch Game Awards, 19th of November 2013
- “Best Serious Game” – Dutch Game Awards, 19th of November 2013