Together with the national event ‘Weekend of Science’ we open our doors again for an open day at our serious games studio! We want to invite all of you to visit our studio in the Blokhuispoort on Saturday the 1st of October between 11:00 and 15:00. We are opening our doors that day for everybody: game fans, kids, parents, students, teachers, developers and who ever else is interested.
Our open day is the perfect opportunity to have a look behind the scenes of the creation of serious games. You can do the following:
- See our studio and working environment.
- Get inspired by our concept art wall.
- Check out all the statues, toys, collectibles and arcade and pinball machines.
- See our mocap studio in action (and maybe capture something yourself?).
- Meet the people behind Grendel Games.
- Show and share your own work.
- Have your art/design/programming portfolio checked and provided with valuable feedback.
- And of course play our games!
We’ll make sure to keep you seriously entertained!
Let us know you will be joining
Please let us know you will be visiting by either letting us know on the Facebook event page or by signing up through this form. Especially if you plan to come with a big group, we need to know in advance to be sure we can fit everyone. We don’t want to get in the situation where we have to refuse people at the door.
Sign up for a portfolio check
If you want a portfolio check, you need to sign up here. We have a limited amount of time slots for feedback so be sure to sign up on time or you risk that all time slots have been taken.
This is how you reach our studio:
Walk through De Blokhuispoort’s gate and enter the first glass door on the right. Take the stairs to the first floor and follow the Grendel monster…
Can’t make it?
We’re sad to hear that. But no worries, there will be more open days in the future. You can sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date on future open days. In addition you will receive articles where we share our knowledge about serious game development and get more inside information.