We are looking for an all-round game programmer with experience in developing with Unity and C#. We offer a creative, fulfilling and demanding position in which you work independently in a small development team.
You will be a programmer in one of our independent development teams and will be responsible for the technical design and implementation for that team’s projects. Each team consists of designers, artists and engineers and each team owns multiple projects which are worked on iteratively in dedicated sprints.
- Together with the team and stakeholders you will create the technical design for our games.
- You will program the game’s code, taking into account re-use of existing modules and libraries and designing your own code for easy re-use in future projects.
- You will ensure your game’s technical correctness and performance.
- You can give input on all aspects of a game’s development, both technical as well as artistic and design-wise.
- You will communicate with the client about the technical requirements for a game and gather these requirements in formal documentation.
- As part of the engineering team you will formulate and iterate on the company’s technical vision for the future.
What are the requirements?
- Proficient in C++/C# and Object-Oriented Programming.
- Skilled at creating designing and implementing readable, maintainable and extendable software systems
- Able to use design principles such as DRY, KISS, and SOLID to keep systems of inter-connected components well-organised
- Able to implement and debug common algorithms (searching, sorting, decision making) and data structures (graphs, trees, hash tables)
- Having a strong grasp of vector mathematics and algebra.
- Ample experience in working with the Unity game engine.
- Experience with developing for PC/Mac, web and mobile platforms and understanding their different requirements.
- Ability to clearly comment and document code and conform to specific coding standards.
- Experience with using Git or similar source control systems.
- Experience with debugging and optimizing software.
- Strong communication skills to both peers and clients.
- Being eager to learn.
- Being able to work independently.
- Having a strong vision and drive.
- Having a strong user-oriented mindset.
- Being able to work closely with a small creative team.
What do we have to offer?
- Be able to make entertainment games with a purpose to make our world a better place.
- Responsibility and freedom in organizing and executing your work.
- Room for experimentation and growth.
- Scheduled time and budget for personal development and training.
- Work with a creative and driven team of professionals.
- Work in an old Dutch prison in a relaxed game studio.
- Combine remote work with your own, dedicated space at the office.
Location: 50% Remote and 50% on-site in Leeuwarden, The Netherlands.
If you are interested in applying for this position, send your application to email@example.com. Include your resume and portfolio in your application. To get a good picture of your technical skills, we would like to see some code you have written. Make sure your portfolio includes some examples that showcase your grasp of the technical skills mentioned above.