We are looking for a game artist with a senior level in 3d combined with either 2d or with animation. We offer a creative, fulfilling and demanding position in which you work independently in a small development team.
As an artist on one of our development teams you will be responsible for the art and visual design of that team’s projects. Each team consists of multiple artists, game designers and developers and each team owns several projects that are worked on in scheduled blocks of two weeks.
- Together with the team and stakeholders you will define the look and style for each game.
- You will model the game’s 3D assets.
- You will create the game’s production art and/or textures.
- You will create the game’s UI based on the UX design made by the team’s designers.
- If your secondary skill set includes 2D:
- You will concept ideas, designs and mockups to create the necessary input for development or supervise its outsourcing.
- You will create the artwork for marketing purposes.
- If your secondary skill set includes animation:
- You will rig and animate the game’s characters and creatures or supervise its outsourcing.
What are the requirements?
Our studio’s art style mostly is colourful, stylized and simplified.
Skilled in 3d modelling and texturing.
- Skilled in 2d art for concepting and production art when your secondary skill set is 2d.
- Skilled in rigging and animation when your secondary skill set is animation.
- Ability to art direct outsourced art production for larger projects.
- Having experience with Blender is preferred.
- Having experience with Unity is preferred.
- Affinity with graphic design is appreciated.
- Be able to work independently.
- Have a strong vision and drive.
- Be able to work closely in a small creative team.
- Having shipped at least 2 titles.
- Having a portfolio demonstrating a range of work illustrating these requirements and originality of style.
What do we have to offer
- Be able to make entertainment games with a purpose to make our world a better place.
- Responsibility and freedom in organizing and executing your work.
- Room for experimentation and growth.
- Scheduled time and budget for personal development and training.
- Work with a creative and driven team of professionals.
- Work in an old Dutch prison in a relaxed game studio.
- Combine remote work with your own, dedicated space at the office.
Location: Preferably on location in Leeuwarden, The Netherlands, or hybrid.
If you’re interested in this position or if you have some questions, contact email@example.com for more information.