Working at Grendel Games
Want to come and work with us? Our current vacancies are shown below. If there’s nothing for you, but you’d still like to work with us, you can send us an open application. Are you looking for an internship? Click here.
- We currently don’t have any vacancies.
Did you see an interesting vacancy or do you want to do an open application? Fill in your details below, upload your CV, and give us the link to your online portfolio.
Internship at Grendel Games
It’s great that you’re interested in doing an internship with us! To make the process of applying for an internship as easy as possible, we have created a profile for each discipline. Are you matching a profile? Then you can apply by using the contact form at the bottom of this page.
We currently don’t have any engineering, art or game design internships available anymore for the first half of 2022.
Do you want to increase your chances of getting an internship? Then read these articles that explain how you can score an internship with us:
- Preparing for an internship or job as game artist
- Preparing for an internship or a job as a game programmer
- How do I get an internship as a game designer
- You are looking for an internship of one semester (20 weeks) or longer.
- You are socially proficient
- You like to work in a team.
- You have an independent and proactive working attitude
- You speak and write English fluently.
- You love to play and create games.
- You are motivated to work in the game development industry
- You know that you are applying for a game development position and you show work that fits within this context.
- You are aware that working in the game industry is not always perfect and sometimes can be frustrating, annoying or difficult.
- An appliance letter in which you explain why you want to do your internship with us.
- Always show your best and most recent work.
- You are experienced with an object-oriented programming language (C#/C++/Java).
- You are experienced with the Unity3D engine.
- Experience with Unreal Engine is also accepted if you are willing to invest time to learn Unity3D
- You are experienced with designing, implementing and debugging algorithms and data structures
- You focus on writing reusable, maintainable and expandable code.
- You are proficient in math on a highschool level (HAVO/Higher General Secondary Education)
- A grasp of vector mathematics is beneficial.
- Two or more game development related projects that give a good impression of your skills. Preferably these projects are also playable/testable, but the code is the most important.
- Explain during your application which parts of your code you want to discuss and explain.
- If you worked with multiple programmers on a project, make it clear which parts of the code are yours.
Game design profile
- You speak and write Dutch or English fluently.
- You know how to translate serious objectives to fun game mechanics.
- You are very good at at least one of the skils below:
- Narrative design
- UX/UI design
- Game balance
- Level design
- At least one game design document that you have written.
- Material that shows your contribution to at least 3 games.
- You can show work in different styles, ranging from cartoony to realistic.
- You can show work in different applications, for example environment design, character design, UI design (visual), 2D assets (game ready), texture jobs, etc.
- You can show that you know how to create and deliver game-ready assets.
- You have to be able to show that you posses the right skills. Think about composition, drawing, sketching, knowledge about color and it’s use.
- Explain for each piece of work why you made it.
- Add technical details to assets or textures, for example resolution, poly count, wireframes, etc.
- In at least one piece of work, show your workflow steps. Starting from idea to sketch and the technique your are using until the end product.
- If you apply for an animator position, we would like you to show that you master the animation principles. Deliver at least a walk cycle of a character.
- Make sure that your portfolio is clean and easily accessible. We prefer Sketchfab for 3D models and animations and ArtStation for 2D work.
Did you see a profile that matches you and do you meet the requirements? Then we would love to hear from you! You can let us know that you’re interested in an internship by completing the form below. If you have impressed us by your portfolio, we’ll get in touch.